24 February 2019

Still a Good Idea

On this date in Roman Numeral J history in 2008, it was also an Oscar Sunday and I was watching, evidently.  I feel that my post-game Oscar analysis idea stands up (tho, RIP Harriet Klausner).

I turned away this evening - catching up on Walking Dead instead.  I did just go down to watch Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga sing.  Tonight's festivities started off on a bad foot, when Keks (see most future posts, i expect), our new fur baby, stepped on the remote while we had paused it to see Adam Lambert's Queen opening sequence, which we subsequently missed.

In 2008, the best picture nominees were:

  • No Country for Old Men
  • Atonement
  • There Will Be Blood
  • Juno
  • Michael Clayton
I think of those i still have only seen Juno (and i see from my Arfives that i saw Michael Clayton) the following year.  I feel like maybe i saw Atonement too at some point, but can't prove it.

This year:
  • Green Book
  • Black Panther
  • A Star is Born
  • BlackKklansman
  • Vice
  • Roma
  • Bohemian Rhapsody
  • The Favourite
The past two years i've seen the best picture winner each year after the ceremony (The Shape of Water & Moonlight).  I'll likely keep that trend up, but i regret that movies are no longer as much a part of my life as they once were.  I was already regretting it a decade ago i guess.

No comments: