13 September 2026

A Bear's Scorigami (and more firsts)


What a Weekend!! (13 September 2026 - 3:35pm CT)

The Chicago Bears kicked off their season in Charlotte today looking sloppy, but dominant in a Scorigami 59-37 win.  Nottingham Forest got their first win of the season yesterday in a game where their new head coach felt like he out-coached Unai Emery (widely thought of as great Premier League manager).  The Brewers clinched a playoff spot on Friday with a 20-0 win over the Reds.

Most points ever in an opening week game in the NFL (and the Bears most points ever in their opener).  552 Total Yards (just 261 of those passing!).

Since the Bears game kicked off at noon today, I've had an odd (heightened) feeling in and amongst my head - almost a buzzing or a sort of background hum.  I know what you're thinking (or at least what Brooke would say), and I say in response... "It's NOT A TUMOR!"

I think it is an underlying panic of "all is okay..."* (when, of course, all is categorically not okay, but it kinda sorta feels like it maybe could be sometime soon).  And I don't mean just sports...
Nate Silver's FLIPR model gives democrats a 58.6% chance of taking the senate in November, and while AI CEOs and staffers are screaming to be heard by the same journalists eager to publish anything they say about their p(doom) takes.

 


What Happened?!? (23 September 2026 - 6:50pm CT)

soooo... The Bears scored 3 points, and Caleb Williams walked off hurt in the 4th Quarter (at least they're averaging 31 points per game.  The Brewers are back within 1 game of losing out on Top Seed in The National League.  And Forest lost to bottom of the league Coventry at home!

  I know what you're thinking (or at least what Brooke would say), and I say in resp

No comments: