04 March 2008

i ate a grapefruit today


It'd seriously been like two years since i last had one. And man, i love them. I'll probably start eating them all the time now. I not only love the taste , i love the experience. The cutting in half, looking inside, figuring out the best way to scoop out the fruit bits. Should i put sugar on it (NAY!) or salt (wha?)? Should i eat just a half, or the whole thing? I love re-experiencing things i loved long ago (& wrote a terrible poem about the experience in "Intro to Creative Writing", which i might subject you to some day)...
So, i had an idea...
It's time for the first ever Roman Numeral J user poll... Perhaps in future user polls i'll figure out how to put a little image down there where people can vote and see the results (but that necessarily limits responses to whatever i thought of at the time), but for this poll just tell us in the comments section...
Poll Question #1
What is something that you really love to do (or loved to do) or just love... that you haven't done/had/experienced in years?
-sub question, go do/have/experience this thing again... and discuss the experience...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

BTW - Blogger allow you to create a poll "gadget" in your side bar that automatically track this.

Hiking.

Until a couple months ago I haven't done much hiking in years. But I used to all the time back in the day. It was a huge part of my life, much like grapefruits were for you.

And I assume you now, like me, feel like you've somehow returned into yourself after many years absence...with a grapefruit in hand.

Or something.

Us said...

hey, rssl,

Hiking. That's one of those things that i don't necessarily love, but would like to love...

I have a plan to walk the Appalachian Trail with my friend Meg, who is a real hiker, in sort of a Bill Bryson travelogue experiment...

Greg2 said...

Outsiders:

Yes--interstate and intercountry backpacking...

I've walked a hefty stretch of the AT through Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia. Yesterday I watched _Into the Wild_ and the Pacific Crest Trail stretch that was filmed looks beautiful (of course). One day for months and months I'll walk the Continental Divide Trail from Mexico to Canada because I like to avoid the duties and work of a citizen.

Us said...

they've got a trail for that?

I had this idea (perhaps this fits better with my brilliant idea post, but, no, i don't want to give this one away)...

I would go backpacking in a 'find-yourself-backpacking-Ireland' sort of trip, except i'd do it in, like, Ohio. Then write a travelogue about it... Part Off the Road, part First Blood...

Us said...

i guess i'd add golf to this list, since my blog seems recently to have become a golf blog...